Tuesday, January 5, 2010

video

we filmed the video for "(in) reverse" yesterday with an amazing photographer named Robert Ascroft and his crew from 3star productions. Needless to say, everything was very surreal and legit. A crew of 5 came out to the Georgetown woods to film little ol' sc kids-there was a fog machine, wind machine, lights, poles, metal things, boxes, vans, and all that crazy stuff.
surreal. too crazy.

anyway, i am so grateful for the experience.
even though the crew was/is very professional (i mean, they shoot Mariah Carey, VOGUE models, Brad Pitt, etc etc) they were so down to earth and not intimidating at all (once we all met one another). Working with them really made me "trust" LA and allowed me some hope afterall for the city. They could have been assholes (just because they have an overwhelming repuation) but they were some of the sweetest people we have met.

I must admit, I am a bit intimidated to see the overall video. It should be finished with editing in about 3 weeks. I had to wear makeup (for lighting puropses) and I wore Jordyn's fur vest...and some amazing (yet very unlike me normally ) boots-...ah. I was definatly out of my comfort zone but at the same time, it was fun to try something new and be a bit out of my element. The boys and Dani wore all black and for the most part were able to wear more of their style. So, saying that-that is the only thing that I am a little hesitant about. It was fun and a great experience and I really hope that this video portrays the song. I believe it will.

Everything lately has been a bit new for us (the band). We are not really used to anything (other than playing music) so I guess it's all a bit overwhelming, but in a good way. I just want to be productive with music.

Sorry for the rambling but I've never shot a video before so I'm a bit apprehensive. I don't want to come across as something that I am not. I'm not a very dramatic person or flashy. But i'm excited for the video because it challenged me .

No comments:

Post a Comment